Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Switch-A-Roo

Vaughn had an appointment with the University of Iowa Opthamology Department last Wednesday. I had to pick him up from day care at 11:30 to get to his 12:45 appointment on time. Debbie had him loaded in his car seat ready for me so that I could pick him up quickly and not upset the girls when I left with Vaughn and not them. After registering Vaughn at the Reception Desk, I headed over to the Doctor's Office. As I placed his papers in the basket and immediately had a sinking feeling in my stomach. I turned back and realized I had the wrong baby. As I looked up the receptionist was taking my papers. I panicked! "Wait, I have the wrong baby!" She looked at me like I was a fruit loop. I said, "I have triplets and I think I brought the wrong one!" I stripped Vaughn down to realize that it was actually Gavin. Vaughn has an umbilical hernia. I briefly thought that maybe it healed itself overnight. So I called Jamie and he confirmed that I had Gavin because he had Vaughn. I had loaded him in truck, driven to Iowa City, walked all the way to the Reception Desk and then to the Doctor's Office without even noticing that it was Gavin. The saddest part is that Vaughn is the easiest one to identify. I'm really in trouble!

But you have to admit...they do ALL look a lot alike!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look so much alike! I can't believe it was your first mix up - I can't keep them straight EVER! You are the best Mom ever! Love the pic!