Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The ER

Sunday night I was doing dishes and Jamie was chasing the girls through the house. As he chased them through the Living Room, he noticed Lincoln flailing about in his bouncy seat. He went over and picked him up. His mouth was "foamy". He couldn't tell if Lincoln was breathing or not...and when he called me over, Lincoln's arms and legs were stiff as boards and sticking straight out. My mom told me a couple of weeks ago that she heard a choking sound coming from him and when she went to check on him he was "foaming at the mouth". Jamie took him to the ER. They examined him and did bloodwork. They couldn't find anything wrong but asked us to follow up with Dr. Odell and have an EEG done. Dr. Odell requested that we take him the University to his Neonatologist, but I couldn't get an appointment set up with them until Odell saw him first. We have an appointment with Dr. Odell today.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

karen!
that is so scary. i'm sorry. keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!! My heart aches just reading it - I can't imagine seeing it! I am shaking!! Please let us know what the doctor says!!