Sunday, July 16, 2006

Friday Night

Friday night I ran to get Subway sandwiches for supper. Too tired to cook again. Diane N. came while I was gone to help feed babies. When I got back, I helped her feed the boys while Jamie took care of the girls. Diane and I had a great conversation and I felt so encouraged by her. Diane also worked while raising her family. She is such an inspiration to me. After feeding and rocking a very fussy Vaughn, she took Lucy and Grace on a walk. I was able to get my Living Room cleaned and vacuumed. It was such a great feeling to have one clean room in my house!

Just as Diane and the girls were walking across the street to our house, Nana, Papa, Aunt Jenna and Cousin McKenna showed up. Reinforcements had arrived to help take care of the girls while Jamie and I got ready for the yard sale we were having the next day. By the time we came up from the basement, the girls were in bed and the boys were ready to eat. Nana and Jenna set up an air mattress in our living room. We put the boys in their cribs in the nursery (instead of cradles in our bedroom) to spend the night for the first time. (Except Vaughn who slept in his bassinet next to Nana and Jenna.) They took care of the boys so we could get a full night's sleep. Around 4:30 or 5 Vaughn started to get fussy but Nana rocked him and he was able to make it until 5:45 when he ate with the other brothers.

No comments: