Monday, August 14, 2006

School Clothes Shopping Adventure

Lucy starts preschool on Tuesday, September 5th. She is super excited. I am super sad. Yesterday, Nana and Papa and Jamie watched the boys and Grace while I took Lucy out to buy some new school clothes. Made our first stop at Shopko. Lucy was extremely excited to play in the bunk beds. After 10 minutes I forced her over to clothes section...only after promising that after we looked at clothes she could go back and play in "her castle". She picked out one outfit, held it up to her and said..."it looks like this fits" and put it in the cart. I picked out an outfit and asked her if she liked it. She held it up to her and said, "It doesn't look like it would fit me." and handed it back. Hmmm. Then we looked at shoes. Apparently this was something just as exciting as her castle. After picking out 6 pair...we settled on three. She also ended up with a pink cowboy hat, cinderella bouncy ball and pink purse with brown suede tassles. Do not know where she gets her love for accessories...not from me.

After Shopko she was ready to go home. Didn't want to go to the mall. Asked her if she wanted to go to lunch and she said no. Asked her if she would sit with me while I ate...she didn't want to but I said she could eat chips (at Carlos O Kelly's), so she agreed to. As she crawled into the booth seat across from me...I was so excited to spend some quality time with her. But she kept jumping around, sticking her head over the booth looking at other people, crawling under the table, taking her shoes off, etc. So our mommy daughter time was not what I had hoped it would be. She IS only 3 though. So I'm not hugely disappointed. Just a little :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute, and believe me, you will one day WISH that she wouldn't want all those clothes :) You will have fun shopping with your girls. Not that I know anything about that except for going DEEP into my memory bank of when I was a TEENAGER. Oh I think about your future, and I just SMILE :) Call me!! :) HA