Monday, August 21, 2006

Really Tired

Coming out of the weekend exhausted. Woke up early Sunday and headed to my sister's house about an hour away to see her new baby and my dad who is visiting from North Carolina. It takes so long for us to get ready. Feed babies, change diapers, dress babies, get girls dressed, get ourselves dressed, prepare bottles to take with us, load diaper bag, put babies in car seats, put babies in van, load girls into van. We planned on leaving by 9. Got on the road at 9:43. Had to stop for gas. Hung out with the fam for about 4 hours. Then loaded everyone back in the van. Planned on visiting the Amy & Kelly in the hospital - just had a baby - but saw a huge oil leak under the van which took a while to get figured out and put more oil in the van. By the time we were ready to go again...we were about 20 minutes from feeding time and an hour from home. So we skipped the hospital and made it just in time before the babies started protesting that they haven't been fed yet. Jamie fed babies. I cleaned and cooked supper for 2 hours straight...again wondering how I could clean for so long and have the house still look the way it does. We were exhausted, the kids were full of energy and we found ourselves counting the minutes until we could get away with putting them to bed. Jamie gave them all baths. I held a fussy Vaughn (I know, big surprise). Every time I would move he'd wake up screaming. Finally the girls went to bed. I fell asleep holding Vaughn. Woke everyone up at 9pm so that we could feed them and go to bed. Got to bed about 10:15. Babies starting waking up at 3. Jamie took care of them most of the night. I got up twice to put binki's back in...and got up for good at 5am to start feeding them. As I woke up I made an executive decision that I was going to take a half day off of work to come home and sleep or clean the house...whichever I felt was needed most at the time. My executive decision was squashed when I realized that a coworker is on vacation this week and I am covering some of her duties (not complaining Peggy:) You cover me when I'm gone :) ). I have survived so far. Plans are to leave work and take all the kids to the Reed's house to swim. If I'm lucky...they'll get wore out and take a nap when we leave there around 3 or 4. Maybe I'll have time to clean the house before Team Garwood comes to help at 5:30. They'll be happy to hear (not!) that our date night will consist of going to Wal-Mart (again) since we've been trying to get there for groceries for 3 days with no luck. Someday I'll look back on these memories. Kids gone. Bored out of my mind. Aching to be exhausted from taking care of my precious children.

No comments: