Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Negotiation

In Awanas last night, we listened to a gal talk about Operation Christmas Child. It's a program where you put together a shoebox filled with gifts for needy children. On the way home, I asked Lucy if she'd like to share some of her toys with needy children. She said "no". I then explained how many little girls and boys don't have anything and how she has so many toys and wouldn't she like to share her toys with another little girl. She said, "No, let's share her toys." I was cracking up. I said..."What about sharing some of your pencils?" "No." "How about some books?" "2 books. Because if I share a lot of books then I won't have a lot of books." I was laughing out loud by now and she said, "It's not funny."

The fact that I've tried to convince Lucy so many different times to say, do and think the "right" thing...and have failed so many times at it is scary. She's only 3. I thought as a parent it would be easier than this.

It brings such joy to my heart listening to Lucy repeating bible verses from Awanas. I've decided to come up with a list of things that we want Lucy to know about God, being a kind person, loving others, etc. and have her learn those too.

It's 6 am and boys are ready to eat :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucy is SO funny - I love that girl so much!!