Sunday, September 10, 2006

What's up?

So far it looks like 3 of the kids may be getting sick. Lucy and Grace are starting to cough and have runny noses. Vaughn was congested all night and couldn't sleep. Hoping that it continues to be runny noses and a little congestion. I dread the thought of having to take care of 5 sick kids.

Planning Gracie's 2nd birthday party. Sesame Street theme. I love planning parties. So much fun.

I don't know what it is but the girls seem to be getting cuter and cuter by the second. Gracie's thing lately is to try to get the boys to laugh. She loves to bury her face in their bellies or play peek a boo with them...or tickle them (kee coal kee coal kee coal (tickle tickle tickle)). When Lucy is not fighting with Grace, she is mothering her and everything else in sight. She has lots of dolls that she likes to give baths, have picnics with, watch tv and just take care of. Usually she names them Kenna or Sophia. When Gracie cries Lucy tries to comfort her which usually involves someone getting hurt.

Friday night the daredevil girls were jumping off the bed onto the pile of blankets I pulled off the bed as I was changing sheets. Jamie and I are certain that Grace is fearless. Lucy would jump feet first into the blankets. Grace was doing some skydiving moves. She jump, bend her knees behind her and bring her arms up and out to the side - landing flat on her belly/face into the blankets. Uncle Jason would be so proud. (www.archwayskydiving.com)


The boys continue developing personalities. Lincoln is the most alert and loves to chat. When Vaughn smiles, he smiles with his whole body. His arms and legs start moving and he gets this huge grin. Gavin is just Gavin. Always happy, always smiling. Very laid back.


Went to the West Liberty Children's Festival and then to CoralRidge Mall yesterday. We had a good time. I really don't mind, and actually enjoy all the attention the boys bring. As we walked down the mall yesterday, I pointed out to Jamie how you can watch people and when they see the boys their faces light up and get this huge smile. I can't tell you how many people have said we've made their day. Yesterday a 100 year old lady and her daughter stopped to look at the boys while we were sitting outside playland. The mom said that in her 100 years she's NEVER seen triplets. She was smiling from ear to ear. I'll admit though that yesterday I was tired. I wanted to get the kids out of the already messy house and let them burn off some energy without destroying the house even more. I wanted to have some family time. I wanted to go away and not have to be "on". I didn't want to have to tell everyone and their brother that yes, we have three boys. Yes, we have our hands full. No triplets don't run in our family, we did invitro. No, I'm not breastfeeding them. Yes, we knew we were having triplets from the beginning. Sweetly explain the differences of each child rather than say what I'm really thinking...which is - "to tell them apart I just look at them". Etc, Etc, Etc. But, even though we don't always feel like talking to a million people, we do. And it reminds me that this is how it's meant to be...not just now...but it's how it should have always been for us. Every time we leave our home, as christians we SHOULD be "on". Every time we leave our home we see so many people that do not know Jesus. These triplets have been the best excuse in the world for us to share God's love. Jamie and I get so caught up in every day life...and in our family...that sometimes we forget the reason we are on this earth. It's not to worship our family but to worship God the Creator and Giver of Life. Just open your eyes and look and you will see the pain in this world. I've never seen it as much as I have with these boys. People are begging for an excuse to connect. My heart aches right now so badly just thinking of all the people we've met these past few months who are hurting.

Lucy just handed me a scribbled a piece of paper. She said it was a letter for me. She read it to me and it said, "Dear Mommy, Thank you for coming to us. Dear Mommy. The end." :) Now she's going over to "Angie's" house. Playing with her dolls again. I have been listening to the girls destroy the house while I sit here and type. Oh well. Some days I don't think it can get much worse so who cares anyway. I've been thinking a lot lately though about how sorry I would feel for the people who would have to go through and clean out our house if Jamie and I got in a freak accident and died. But then I think that I'd be dead so who cares.

Ok...I suppose that is enough of the ramblings in my brain for one day. I feel like most days lately I walk through life without a complete thought in my head. Sometimes it takes me 5 or 6 times to get through a short article in the newspaper. Or I start to make myself something for lunch and get distracted so many times that it's 3 or 4 before I actually eat. Usually blogging is my only time that I try not to let anything distract me. I WANT to remember these days when the kids are so little. But as everyone who knows me well knows...I have the worst memory in the world. I need to clear out the junk and make room for the good stuff.

No comments: