Thursday, September 14, 2006

How Does He Do It?

This is a picture of the boys in the back of the van...from July.

I picked up the girls from day care today.
After loading all the kids into the van with some help from Eric...I drove home and unloaded them all by myself:
Trip One: A half-way-sleeping Lucy
Trip Two: Grace and a Diaper Bag
Trip Three: Vaughn and Gavin
Trip Four: Lincoln
Trip Five: My purse and stuff from work
Trip Six: Just out to the mail box for the mail and a couple of packages

How does Jamie do it twice a day...every day? Loading and unloading five 15 - 30 pound children. I'm sore.

I am now beat. Vaughn is crying and wants fed. Lucy wants me to put in a movie. Vaughn is crying. Grace wants milk and crackers. Lucy also wants milk and crackers now. Vaughn is crying...did I mention that? No movie. Milk. Crackers. Bottle for Vaughn. While feeding Vaughn reinforcements arrive...thanks Joanne! Gracie to bed. All babies fed and changed. Mommy and Lucy to Walmart for supplies for Gracie's birthday party. Extra stop at Hy-vee - forgot the icing for the cupcakes. We all know I'm not MAKING icing! Lucy asleep by the time we get home. Joanne reports that Gracie was poopy. Vaughn was fussy almost the entire time. Had to move the babies because the contractors dropped a hammer into the window and she was afraid it would come through on them. Gracie and mommy unload groceries. Mommy blogs. The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do either of you do it!!? Your purse alone weighs more than all the kids together!! :0)