Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Great Night

We had the best night last night. Kimmee watched all three boys while Jamie and I took Lucy and Grace to Maid Rite for dinner and then to a movie..."Open Season" (which was great - I love Ashton Kutcher). We had the BEST time with the girls.

Thursday night we took the girls to the Homecoming Parade. It was a beautiful night. We wanted to get the kids out of the house and hopefully get some socializing in ourselves. Didn't run into many people we knew...most were IN the parade. But James W. saw us and helped push the triplet stroller up Iowa Avenue. What a riot! Anytime there are two guys walking side by side pushing babies...well you can't help but think they're gay. James got to experience the massive amounts of attention...mostly from all the high schoolers. We both thought that next time I'm pushing this many kids through a group of high schoolers, I'd have to have a sign or wear a shirt that says something like "Abstain - or this could be you".

I really needed encouragement on Wednesday night...and God sent it to me. Kim knocked on my door around 5 pm. She helped me feed boys and said Wednesday is her laundry night...so took some of mine home too. Sometimes I feel like these kids are a piece of cake. Sometimes I feel like God's given me more than I can handle. Usually when I feel like that - He sends in the reinforcements. I'm so thankful to Kim, and to You, God, for sending her. The small things You do show how mighty You are...how You are carrying me...how You really are there and know all. And mostly how much You love me.


Even through the toughest times, it's amazing how God is working. Donna always jokes about how I had to have triplets for us to connect. These babies have been a huge blessing to us. We love them so much. They have brought so much joy to our lives. They have also brought so many other people to our lives. People who we are falling in love with, becoming friends with, becoming part of our family. Mona, Steve & Donna, Kim, Jackie & Brad, Jean - we think you are amazing for how willing you are to give up a part of your lives EVERY SINGLE WEEK to help with ours.

And...I don't know how we'd have survived without my mom, mom and dad b., auntie Jenna & uncle Terry, and Aunt Jenny & Uncle Paul.

It is so true how it takes a village to raise a family. Or maybe it takes a family to raise our village. :) But there have been soooooo many people right there with us along the way. Andrea said Thursday night that we make it look easy. How sweet. It has been much easier than we know it could be if it wasn't for everyone who has helped.

I don't know how I got here in my blog. I wanted to just write about the great night we had last night. God just kept reminding me of everything I have to be thankful for.

Uncle Paulie is coming up to help Jamie build a fence today. I'm helping host an "Open House"/baby shower for precious Madelyn & Mindy and then off to a birthday party for my dear friend Kendall. Aunt Jenna is coming up to help watch some of the kids. Grace is crying for mommy...so the craziness begins again.

No comments: