Friday, November 10, 2006

Whirlwind

This has been a whirlwind week. I don't even know what to write...but know that maybe if I get started something will just come out. 4 of 5 children are in bed. Yay! Woke up to a sick child again. We thought at first Lucy just wet the bed. She said, "no, my butt is just sweaty". Then the color combined with the smell confirmed the obvious...diarrhea had struck again. I stayed home from work - Debbie had the day off. After 4 poopy diapers, a sick daughter, pancakes, vacuuming crackers out of the chair & carpet and completely cleaning the bathroom I looked at the clock - it was only 9 am and I was wishing I was at work today. I know that the only way I could ever be a stay at home mom is after my kids are in school. Kind of defeats the purpose though I suppose. :)

Donna and Kim took 3 kids and laundry last night. I had a burst of energy and cleaned like crazy. What a great feeling to know that as I'm cleaning one room another room is NOT being destroyed.

The boys are so animated lately. Mom has used the greatest adjective yet to describe Vaughn - INTENSE. Happy or Upset - he seems to have just those two moods and whichever he is it's intense. Lincoln - still so serious. But so lovey. Loves attention. He is also a mover. Last night Jamie set him by the chair and he ended up side by side with Gavin. Gavin - almost always happy. Keep him fed with a clean diaper and you've got one content child. All three raised the same - all three so, so different.

Just put Gracie to bed about an hour ago. Unfortunately her green blankie from Jenny was just washed and still wet. She cried for 40 minutes until that blankie was dry. I don't think I had finished covering her up with it before she was asleep.

Lucy loves playing grandpa. Ok, seems weird. But my dad came for a vist and he likes to drink coffee. So she pulls out her play coffeepot EVERY NIGHT and pretends to be grandpa and I'm baby. She combs my hair (which I LOVE), drives me to the "parade" and then to a movie. Sometimes she reads me a book. Her favorite..."I Love You, Stinky Face". One of my favorites too...especially listening to her sweet little voice read it to me.

Jamie was sick all day yesterday - but got lucky enough to never throw up. He's feeling mostly better today. Thank goodness neither of us were at our worst at the same time. And thank goodness that he's such an involved dad that he just takes over when I can't do it. What would I do without him?

Ok...I'm tired. This is boring. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, and Karen forgot to mention that she made HOME-MADE Chicken Noodle soup!!! You guys are an amazing family!! And we love you much!! I have a funny story to tell about the soup-I will share that with you, someday!

Anonymous said...

Your life is anything but boring. You & Jamie are amazing parents and have the sweetest children!!!

I love to read your stories - even the littlest things. The only problem with them is they make me miss you all the more.

I love you all!

Anonymous said...

I already love Jen, and don't even know her. She has good taste in people though!!! :) I totally agree with her!