Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy 11th Birthday Austin

Happy Birthday Austin!!! Austin is spending his birthday in Las Vegas where his mom, & my sister Linda, just got married. Austin was born just a few months before Jamie and I got married and came just in time to dance with me at my wedding. I was scheduled to be induced with Lucy 4 years ago today, on Austin's birthday...but she was so excited to meet us that she came a day early. Austin is my first nephew and the first grandchild in our family. He is very loved by all of us.

Ok...funny story...Austin went trick-or-treating with us in 2003. He was a ninja dressed in all black. Austin is very energetic and was running from house to house. All of the sudden we heard him scream. When we caught up with him...he had ran full speed into a tree and was laying on the ground. Seriously...the tree was missing bark where his head hit. We ended up taking him to the emergency room - the knot on his head was HUGE!!!! He sent me a card later with a picture on the front that he had drawn of a tree with a dark circle on it (where he hit his head and the bark was missing). And the card said "You are an affecionate ant." I've had that card hanging on my fridge ever since. One of my most prized possessions.


Austin and Boston

No comments: