Saturday, December 23, 2006

My Christmas Blessing

Last night the Ellmers came over to celebrate Christmas. The house was clean (at least the kitchen, living room and nursery), the presents were wrapped, and I had quit yelling at my children thanks to the incentive Lucy offered (a penny). They came, we ordered pizza (is that 3 or 4 times this week?), and hung out like we always do. It's so comforting being around them. Jenny just picks up where she left off with us. She loves my kids...and they love her. When I told Lucy that someone was coming over tonight and gave her the hint "It's someone that loves you very much"...she guessed right away, "Is it Jenny?". Jenny jumps right in and doesn't ask...she plays with the kids, changes diapers, gets milk, feeds bottles and does all the things a mother does. It is such a HUGE, HUGE help. And we pick up our conversations right where they left out without a guarded word. It's no surprise to get the best Christmas presents from her. She knows me so well.

We've never lived in the same town...but remain best friends. We know that God brought us together and we are blessed having each other.

Here's a picture of the candles she got me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny was in town?!!!! :( I drove by your house last night when the Pizza guy drove up. I wondered who the SPECIAL guest might be?! :) I am so happy that you guys had such a wonderful evening. You can't put a price tag on Friendship!!
Love ya, and Merry Christmas! Hi Jenny!! :)