Monday, December 11, 2006

3 Days Down, 39 To Go

Jamie's sister Jenna took Lincoln Saturday and Sunday night. It really was a huge help. Although I can't believe how hard it's been without Jamie helping. Not only can he not lift more than 5 pounds for 6 weeks, he did just have surgery so I don't want him doing much of anything except sitting on his tush for a few days. He feels bad and is trying to help as much as he can.

So the truth...I'm such an unsympathetic person of other people. When he says...can you get me a glass of water...my first thought is, "Why, is it more than 5 pounds." He always bends over backwards when I'm sick. But with him down, it's been so hard that he is given the leftovers of my energy...and unfortunately I don't have even to survive...let alone give leftovers. He needs me too...so I need to put my selfishness aside and give him more than just the leftover energy I have.

Went to Circa 21 last night. Jenna had Lincoln, Kim had Gavin, Steve and Donna had Vaughn, Mona had both girls. It was completely stressful getting them all ready to go. BUT...it was so worth it. I really didn't think it would be but I had so much of a better attitude the second I got in the car from dropping of the last child!! It was nice to have a six hours without any children. And it was so great picking them back up again and knowing how much I missed them.

Today, Jenna and Jamie's dad came to help Jamie take the boys to their eye appointment at the University. Afterwards, Jenna took Vaughn and they dropped off Lincoln and Gavin at Mom's house. So, I'm without babies until Wednesday. I've never gotten rid of all three for more than 24 hours before...so it really feels weird. I almost wish I would have kept one. But today, Lucy, Grace and I went downtown and had lunch at a little cafe. Walked through the shops, went to the library and just had a nice time together.

Lucy is really into roll playing these days and Gracie follows her lead. Lucy loves to play teacher, grandma or grandpa, mommy, etc. And she loves to "read" books. She makes up fun little stories. We have the best times together.

Gracie loves to sing. Her favorite songs are ABC's and the Witch song that Lucy taught us from preschool. I've noticed that I can't seem to understand her very well at all. I don't remember not being able to understand Lucy. She really talks a lot. Long sentences and I have no idea what they mean. But she's a little lover. She loves to hug and cuddle. I just adore her.

I wish I could video tape an entire day of the girls. I love them so much and hate that I won't remember all the adorable things they do. Shoot, I can't even remember them long enough to blog them at night.

Tonight we went to the local nursing home with 3 other moms and 2 of their daughters. All the girls were staggered in their ages. It's so sweet how the little girls adore the big girls and the big girls adore the little ones. Everyone seemed to have a good time at the nursing home and it reminded me once again how I have to hang on tight when they are so little. These precious moments are going to be gone so quickly. The folks we visited were so excited to have people come by. It must be very lonely this time of year.

Alrighty...off to bed. Looking forward to a full night's sleep!!

No comments: