Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jamie

I never tell my husband enough how proud I am of him. But I am. Tuesday night we were on our way to small group. We stopped at Fareway to pick up some food. As I was running in, I saw a friend who looked a little sick. She was ringing the Salvation Army bell with her daughter. She said several members of her family were sick...two of them were in the van in the parking lot (in plain view). I offered to take them with me but she didn't want to spread anything. I briefly thought...I should stay and ring the bell so she can go home. But, like most people...I didn't offer. I just kept on going. I had a babysitter. I selfishly wanted to go to small group and hang out with some big people. When I got back in the van I told Jamie what was going on and he went in and sent our friend and her sick family home while he stayed and rang the bell for her. Jamie is such an example to me of what it means to be Christ-like. He is always doing things like that. Things that most people think - Oh, that would be nice, but maybe some other time, I'm busy now. Many of us are willing to help in a way that is convenient for us. But he truly sacrifices for other people and helps them where they need it. I love him so much and feel very blessed that he's in my life.

3 comments:

Eric and Pam said...

He is awesome! Thank you Jamie!

Eric and Pam said...

PS: Karen left out the part that SHE bought us gummy bears before she left. She doesn't give herself enough credit! You both rock!

The Brookharts said...

Love ya Pam!