Monday, December 04, 2006

December?

December? Already? Seriously?

Every year I swear it is not going to be like last year. We are NOT going to be busy every single night of the week every single week of the month. So why is this December no different. Every year I swear I'm going to slow down. Enjoy the season. Enjoy the reason for the season. This year proves to be no different. I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going. Our schedule is jam packed until Christmas. Except for tonight...

Tonight is a free night. Our plans: to put up the tree, enjoy hot apple cider, glazed donuts and eggnog. Well...Jamie will enjoy eggnog. I think it's nasty. We'll sing Christmas carols, add Mary to our Nativity set and read the Christmas story out of the bible. We'll watch a Charlie Brown Christmas. If we don't do it any other night of the month...we will tonight. We will love on our family, talk about Jesus and enjoy the night together. I'm so excited. I'm even going to cook supper tonight!! Nothing fancy...but one of my favorites and simple...tacos. Looking forward to a peaceful evening.

ps...I know I'm setting myself up for failure. But this time it will be different.

No comments: