Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Lucy!!

In the midst of the move...I've lost the cable to download my pictures. So no pictures right now of Lucy's special day.

Woke up Lucy singing Happy Birthday (the "You Look Like a Monkey" version. After two loud attempts and severe shaking :0) she finally woke up. We served her a donut with a candle in it on a special "Birthday" plate that I got from the Hospital gift shop.

She went to Debbie's where they had a little party for her. She came home with one of her favorite gifts...a cabbage patch doll baby.

After Debbie's, grandma surprised her with balloons, flowers, and gift cards to Target. Lucy will love picking out her own gifts. How fun.

There were cards and presents in the mail for Lucy from Aunt Shawna and Grammy and Grandpa Mark.

First Aunt Susie and then Grandpa Mark called and sang her "Happy Birthday" over the phone.

Jamie, Grace, Vaughn and I took Lucy to Happy Joes for dinner. (Lincoln and Gavin went home with Grandma). We had pizza, played games and they even honked the horn and sang happy birthday. She loved being sang to. She was trying to hold back a huge smile. She got a cute clown sundae - that was her favorite part.

When we got home, Nana called and sang "Happy Birthday" to Lucy.

Now that she's four she can do all kinds of new things herself. For example...she can use shampoo and conditioner all by herself. She was very excited.

I think she had a good birthday.

Tomorrow she takes treats and will celebrate her birthday at preschool.

Saturday we'll see the rest of the family to celebrate her birthday - Tinkerbell style.

She's my sweet angel and I'm happy - but sad to watch her grow. How can you love anyone more?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Lucy! 4 year olds can do anything - just ask Emma!

The Brookharts said...

Thanks for the call on my birthday Amy! I need to call you back! We were swamped at work because Dave had a live interview on CNBC the day before...so I couldn't talk long. But you always remember me - THANK YOU!!